Physical Education/Health Teacher, K-8
Physical Education/Health Teacher, K-8Paul Cuffee School
Providence, RI 02908
- This position is posted until filled; however, Administration reserves the right to begin interviewing after 5 days
- Plans, teaches, and manages all aspects of the entire physical education and health program at the middle school, with some sections of PE/health at the lower school.
- Instructs students on healthy living, exercise, and physical fitness.
- Teaches individual and team sports to students.
- Conducts lessons using a framework that includes time for demonstration/modeling, time for activity, and time for debrief.
- Emphasizes the lessons of teamwork, team membership, encouragement, and healthy competition.
- Plans and instructs health lessons using the Rhode Island Comprehensive Health Education Curriculum.
- Selects and orders equipment, materials, and supplies used in the physical education program.
- Defines, communicates, and upholds acceptable standards of student behavior and develops open communication, mutual respect, and rapport with students.
- Confers with students, parents, and school counselor to resolve student problems
- Supports students social, emotional, and academic growth.
- Establishes a learning environment of serious scholarship and high expectations that supports students interests, talents, and needs.
- Uses various methods of assessment; uses assessment information to plan instruction.
- Spends time outside of school planning and preparing.
- Communicates effectively with all constituents.
- Contributes to a positive collegial environment; collaborates with colleagues.
- Fulfills time commitments.
- Honors confidentiality.
- Models the behavior and expectations of our school community.
- Other duties and tasks as assigned (including lunch and recess duties).
Hiring InsightsHiring for this role
• Mobile: NA
• Location: 41.829372:-71.4276
• Post ID: 21739213