Conflicts AnalystNixon Peabody LLP
Providence, RI 02903
We are seeking a self-motivated, energetic individual to assist with new business intake due diligence. This is a full time position that requires flexibility for overtime as needed. Work from home flexibility is available.
A career at Nixon Peabody is the opportunity to do work that matters. It’s the chance to use your knowledge to shape what’s ahead. To share, to innovate, to learn at a firm that taps the power of collective thinking.
We’ve created a dynamic, energizing environment that promotes success for our clients and each other. We offer fast growth, connectedness and training in business as well as law. And our rigorous standards assure you are part of a diverse team of top talent at every turn.
If you’re someone who’s looking toward the future, we’d love to hear from you.
Location: Manchester, NH; Providence, RI; Boston, MA; Chicago, IL; Rochester, NY; Washington, DC; New York City, NY; Albany, NY; Long Island, NY
- Perform time-sensitive and thorough research and data analysis relating to the Firm’s new business, lateral hires and other special projects to ensure that the Firm minimizes risk and identifies possible ethical and business-related conflicts of interests with current and potential clients.
- Prepare reports and summaries of research for attorney review. Communicate with attorneys, practice assistants and team members to ensure accuracy and completeness of conflict reports and other due diligence to facilitate making informed decisions regarding acceptance of new business and hiring.
- Handle additional duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree with 3 years or more of corporate or law firm work experience; experience with conflicts analysis preferred.
- Strong analytical and deductive reasoning skills.
- Excellent database and internet research skills and solid computer skills generally. Experience with law firm conflicts systems a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to communicate concisely, accurately and professionally with lawyers and administrative staff; familiarity with legal terms and conflicts of interest rules a plus.
- Excellent organizational skills with meticulous attention to detail and ability to prioritize and multitask in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work independently while collaborating with teammates to ensure exceptional customer service.
Nixon Peabody LLP is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer: Disability / Female / Gender Identity / Minority / Sexual Orientation / Veteran.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: One location