Litigation ParalegalChisholm Chisholm & Kilpatrick LTD
Providence, RI 02903
Job Type- Full-time
Chisholm Chisholm & Kilpatrick (CCK) is a private, public-interest law firm offering rewarding work with a focus on disabled military veterans and their families, as well as a wide range of other individuals who have been denied life, health, and disability benefits. We are committed to equality and inclusion in the workplace and seek to hire well-qualified and highly motivated individuals who best represent the diversity of our clients. CCK is seeking an Insurance Litigation Paralegal to join our growing team in our office in Providence, RI.
The Insurance Litigation Paralegal is responsible for handling insurance litigation claims and appeals. This position focuses primarily on representing individuals during their application, appeals and litigation of life, health, short-term disability and long-term disability insurance benefits under private insurance contracts and employer group plans, regulated under the Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA), as well as some Social Security Disability and personal injury matters. Candidates must have great attention to detail, be outgoing and eager to learn, have the ability to multi-task, have strong written and verbal communication skills, work well independently and with a team, maintain deadlines, and take direction. Candidates must also have strong computer skills with a working knowledge of MS Office applications.
- Daily written and verbal communication with clients, doctors’ offices, and insurance companies.
- Obtaining all documentation necessary to support a client's claim for benefits.
- Assisting attorneys on case development and research.
- Reviewing and assessing client case files.
- Preparing benefit claim forms and drafting appeals of denied benefits.
- Processing incoming and outgoing mail.
- Assisting attorneys with administrative tasks.
- Drafting letters and other documents.
- Proof reading and reviewing important procedural documents before they are mailed out.
- Bachelor’s degree is required with strong academic history.
- Strong work ethic, motivation, and desire to work in a team environment.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite with demonstrated ability to learn new computer applications.
- This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Compensation & Benefits:
- Starting annual salary is $42,500.00.
- Comprehensive benefit plans including health, disability, and life insurance; 401(k) retirement plan; paid time off; a gym reimbursement program; and much more.
- Proof of full COVID-19 vaccination is a condition of employment.
- This role will be required to report to the CCK Headquarters in Providence, RI daily. Following social distancing regulations, as well as CCK protocol related to COVID-19, is required.
To apply, please submit the following:
- Cover letter
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $42,500.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Providence, RI 02903: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Bachelor's (Required)
Work Location: One location