Compliance Sr Manager
Compliance Sr ManagerCitizens
This role supports the fair banking oversight function by providing expert anticipatory regulatory advice, challenge and second line monitoring of this subject matter. The role has primary responsibility for performing periodic fair lending monitoring of assigned business lines (including loan file reviews, policy & procedure reviews, and risk assessments), identifying gaps, potential discrimination, or enhancements needed. Additional responsibilities include engaging appropriate stakeholders in assigned business lines and applicable risk functions to provide advice on business line practices, new initiatives or changes; and assist in identifying actions needed to address fair banking risks noted in 1st/2nd line monitoring routines, internal audits, or regulatory exams. Responsible for providing timely reporting to business line management and escalating identified risks to Compliance management as necessary.
The duties of this position include but are not limited to:
- Performing fair lending monitoring;
- Providing expert regulatory advice, challenge and oversight on potential and emerging fair banking risks in assigned business lines;
- Analyzing and implementing changes and enhancements to business line practices based on new and changed regulations, guidance, enforcement actions and industry trends;
- Implementing the second line of defense fair lending monitoring program, including recommending changes and enhancements to processes where necessary;
- Performing risk assessments on the assigned programs and products;
- Drafting clear and concise reports of the results of ongoing monitoring and assessment projects and communicating same to Senior Compliance Management and Business Line Management;
- Advising the line of business on options and alternative methods of remediating fair banking risks identified through self-assessments, fair lending monitoring, complaint monitoring, Compliance Assurance testing, Internal Audits and regulatory examinations;
- Serving as a compliance representative and advisor for assigned new business initiatives and special projects;
- Demonstrating the ability to exercise good judgment in assessing the significance and relevance of identified fair banking risks and timely escalation to Compliance Management;
- Developing and managing strong working relationships with the business units;
- Providing updates on the state of the assigned programs;
- Staying current of the regulatory environment and expectations through discussions with peers, seminars, webinars, roundtables, law firms, bankers associations, etc.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Minimum 5 years of fair banking experience in consumer financial services field or a regulatory agency. Must have been part of a team performing fair lending or UDAAP monitoring/audits or performed fair lending or UDAAP exams as a federal regulatory agency examiner.
- Substantive & current knowledge of Fair Lending and UDAAP related regulations (including ECOA/Reg B, FHA, UDAAP, SCRA, FCRA, FDCPA) and industry/"best-practice" approaches.
- Computer proficiency, specifically MS Office (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, etc.).
- Must be self-starter with the ability to work independently and deliver superior results.
- Critical thinking and the ability to "connect the dots" of multiple data points across multiple business units to develop a comprehensive assessment of fair banking risk.
- Strong, effective interpersonal and communication skills (written, verbal and listening)
- Team player who can manage to time sensitive deliverables.
Education and Certifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance or equivalent.
- Certified Regulatory Compliance Manager (CRCM) certification or equivalent is preferred but not required.