IP Foreign Filing Paralegal
IP Foreign Filing ParalegalNixon Peabody LLP
Providence, RI 02903
Dynamic self-starter needed for an exciting work environment. This position participates as a team member in our IP Group, and provides paralegal support to attorneys. This position reports to the IP Support Manager.
A career at Nixon Peabody is the opportunity to do work that matters. It’s the chance to use your knowledge to shape what’s ahead. To share, to innovate, to learn at a firm that taps the power of collective thinking.
We’ve created a dynamic, energizing environment that promotes success for our clients and each other. We offer fast growth, connectedness and training in business as well as law. And our rigorous standards assure you are part of a diverse team of top talent at every turn.
If you’re someone who’s looking toward the future, we’d love to hear from you.
Location: Boston, MA; Chicago, IL; Los Angeles, CA; San Francisco, CA; Washington, DC; Rochester, NY; New York City, NY; Albany, NY; Buffalo, NY; Jericho, NY; Providence, RI; Manchester, NH
- Experience with filing international and foreign patent applications worldwide, preparing and reviewing correspondence to and from foreign associates and clients regarding new applications, formal requirements, filing details, etc.; experience with preparing Assignments, Powers of Attorney and other formal documents, as needed; preparing letters to clients regarding upcoming due dates; notices; patent documents; etc.
- Ability to prioritize workload to meet foreign filing deadlines and due dates
- Able to perform research on various projects, including preparing foreign filing estimates; obtain information for preparing Assignments, etc.
- Assist with file transfers and work with the various functional departments to close out transfers in accordance with firm procedures
- Able to prepare a variety of routine correspondence such as reports, memos, client letters, status reports, reminders and administrative documents as required
- Must be a team player focused on internal and external client service
- Other projects as directed
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 3+ years of patent prosecution and paralegal experience required
- Law firm experience a plus
- Strong working knowledge of international and foreign filing patent processes
- Working knowledge of the USPTO’s website, in particular, use of Private PAIR and EFS, and ability to research the various patent rule and regulations
- Working knowledge of popular Windows-based software applications, including Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook; document management systems (e.g., NetDocs)
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team interacting with all levels of Firm personnel while effectively and efficiently using firm resources
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to take the initiative to accomplish objectives in a timely manner while demonstrating professionalism
Nixon Peabody LLP is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer: Disability / Female / Gender Identity / Minority / Sexual Orientation / Veteran. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
To comply with Federal law, Nixon Peabody participates in E-Verify. All newly-hired employees are verified through this electronic system established by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and the Social Security Administration (SSA) to confirm their identity and employment eligibility. Please refer to the Notice of E-Verify Participation and the Right to Work posters on the Nixon Peabody Careers page for more information.
Job Type: Full-time
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: One location