Citizenship & Immigration Managing Attorney
Citizenship & Immigration Managing AttorneyDorcas International Institute of RI
Providence, RI 02907
Job Type- Full-time
Are you interested in working with a growing organization and providing assistance to the community? Do you have experience in the immigration field? If so, Dorcas International needs your skills and expertise.
For 100 years, Dorcas International Institute of Rhode Island has both welcomed and strived to empower all newcomers and those working to overcome cultural, educational, economic, and language barriers to achieve self-sufficiency through its programs and services for education, employment, refugee resettlement, family literacy, interpreting, translating, citizenship and immigration, and more.
The Citizenship & Immigration Managing Attorney oversees the Citizenship & Immigration Services (CIS) program staff, including reviewing cases, supervising Department of Justice (DOJ) Accredited Representatives, and managing day-to-day activities. The Managing Attorney also works with clients and provides immigration legal services.
The candidate should have the following:
- Juris Doctor
- Two to three years of supervisory/management experience
- Five years of experience as an immigration attorney or federal adjudications officer
- Fluent in spoken and written English and proficiency in a predominant foreign language of Dorcas International clientele
- Fundamental knowledge of U.S immigration laws, regulations, and policies
- Effective communication skills—speaking, listening and writing in a clear, thorough and timely manner using appropriate and effective communication tools and techniques
- Supervisory skills, including ability to manage workload and staff within budget
- Ability to develop new ways to improve operations and create new opportunities
- Anticipate, understand, and respond to the needs of clients to meet or exceed their expectations
- Teamwork skills: work cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals, resolve problems, and make decisions that enhance organizational effectiveness
- Ability to generate and manage data, reports and documents
Why should you apply?
- Range of professional opportunities in a growing organization
- Generous employer-paid health & dental benefits
- Generous paid vacation, sick days, and personal leave in addition to 13 paid holidays
- Employer Paid 403b Retirement and Life Insurance
- Full Time 37.5 hours
- Annual Salary range-$70,000 to $85,000
Dorcas International has mandated that its employees obtain a COVID-19 vaccine. Employees may obtain an exemption from Dorcas’s International vaccine mandate by requesting a medical or religious accommodation from Human Resources.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER/VETERANS/DISABLED