Petroleum DriverCumberland Farms, Inc.
Providence, RI 02905
Follow daily dispatched orders, load, transport, and deliver refines petroleum products from bulk storage terminals to retail outlets, wholesale service stations, and commercial accounts. Accurately complete all required documentation while strictly adhering to Company Policies, State, Local, and Federal highway laws and safety procedures.
- Safely load fuel at external customer terminals
- Safely deliver fuel to Company Store Locations
- Upon route assignment, ensure the product dispatched is being delivered to the correct store location
- Follow all Company & DOT regulated policies as it pertain to loading and unloading of hazmat product
- Abide by all Federal and State Driving Laws to ensure safety on the roadway
- Complete daily logging of service hours to ensure compliance with DOT
- Observe & Report mechanical or equipment failures immediately
- Uniforms must be worn and kept clean to ensure a professional image
- Trucks must be kept clean and neat both inside and outside
- Other duties assigned by management
Working Relationships: Internal customers such as Retail Store Team Members, Logistics Department, Fleet Department and External customers such as motorists on the roadways.
Minimum Education: High School Diploma or Equivalent
Preferred Education: High School Diploma or Equivalent
Minimum Experience: Three years of General Tractor Trailer Driving Experience
Preferred Experience: Three Years of Petroleum Driving Experience
Licenses/Certifications: Current Class A commercial driver’s license with Hazmat /Tank endorsement), TWIC Card
Soft Skills: Demonstrate a professional attitude in appearance, mannerisms, and actions to both internal and external customers as well as the general public while loading, driving, and delivering product.
Hours & Conditions: Work schedule consists of four (4) ten (10) hour shifts per week with occasional overtime (Call –out and extension of shift).
Driving Requirements: Must have valid commercial driver’s license with hazmat and clean driving record. Also a satisfactory record from ment:the DOT Drug and Alcohol Clearinghouse is required per FMCSA 49 CFR Part 382.701 Subpart (a) Pre-employment query required. Travel: The position travels 100% of the time delivery petroleum products to store locations
Physical: Complete and maintain qualifications to pass DOT physical exam. Standing, bending, walking, and lifting while loading and unloading, occasional climbing of ladders, and the ability to climb steps while entering and exiting a vehicle. The ability to lift up to 40lbs dead weight and push/pull loading arms with approximately 40-50lbs of lateral force several times per day. Be able to perform duties with miscellaneous tools, hammer, screwdriver, cover lifting tool, fuel hose drainer, and chipping tool. Other:
Other / Miscellaneous