General LaborerClean Earth
Providence, RI 02905
Why Choose Clean Earth?
You’ll be joining a leading, growing team with over 30 years in the waste industry.
Here at Clean Earth, we believe that close-knit teams deliver the best results. Together we succeed through industry know-how, safety, and sustainable growth and we were recently named by Newsweek as one of America’s Most Loved Workplaces 2021!
One of our core values is Employee Care. For you, this means we take great effort to ensure your safety. We take care of the vehicle you’ll drive, we follow all safety protocols, and provide the best equipment for your protection.
We have a strong track record in providing opportunities for internal advancement.
You’ll have benefits that include medical, wellness, dental, vision, 401k with match, accident, life, and many other optional plans to protect you and your family.
Primary Responsibilities (Essential Functions):
The Environmental Technician/General Laborer consolidates, treats, stores, packs, transports and/or disposes of hazardous waste in accordance with environmentally responsible and compliant practices, policies, and procedures. Maintain detailed and accurate records.
- Segregate and package material for transport.
- Assist in maintaining inventory and storage of hazardous materials in accordance with applicable regulations, policies, practices and procedures.
- Operate fork trucks and other mobile equipment to move containers to and from storage and treatment areas and to load/unload trailers.
- Complete required documentation accurately, timely and legibly in accordance with applicable regulations and customer policies, practices and procedures.
- Perform other reasonably related tasks as assigned by management.
Basic Required Qualifications:
- Ability to repeatedly lift and carry 50 pounds throughout the workday
- Ability to stand and walk over uneven surfaces for extended periods
- Visual acuity to read labels and documentation; depth perception to safely drive forklifts
- Ability to hear vehicle warning chimes and alarms
- Ability to work outdoors in all climate conditions and indoors in non-climate-controlled conditions
- Willingness and ability to wear company-issued personal protection equipment including safety glasses, hard had, steel toed shoes, gloves, Tyvek coveralls, and respirator.
- High school diploma or GED
- Experience in warehouse or manufacturing environment
- Basic computer skills to complete web-based training
- Ability to understand and respond to written and verbal English
- Ability to predictably and regularly attend work during scheduled hours. Must be willing and able to occasionally work nights, weekends and variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Ability to deal politely and professionally with customers and coworkers
Clean Earth offers competitive benefits, including health, dental and vision insurance, life insurance and disability plans, as well as a 401k with company matching.
Together, we work hard, we succeed through industry know-how, safety, and sustainable growth, and we recognize a job well done. Knowledge is power and at Clean Earth, we support the continuing education and training of each team member. Every team member is encouraged to learn and grow with the company through various educational channels that are well-suited for their career path at Clean Earth.
We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetics. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
If you have a difficulty applying for any job posted on Harsco Clean Earth’s website because a disability prevents you from using the online system, Clean Earth offers the following alternate application procedure: Contact Bill McCallum, Senior Recruiter at 505-508-0881 and Clean Earth will arrange for an alternate method of applying and will consider your application together with all other applications received for the job. Please call only for disability application.