Sr Director Global Transportation Management
Sr Director Global Transportation ManagementHasbro
Providence, RI 02903
At Hasbro we’re changing the face of play and entertainment. We’re looking for people who want to explore, experiment and innovate to come up with the best ideas. Our culture of community, passion, integrity, creativity and inclusion has inspired our diverse team of highly skilled, highly creative and highly committed individuals for 90+ years and we believe the best if yet to come.
In this important role, you will have overall responsibility for Hasbro’s global transportation function. You will have a budgetary responsibility of over $250M in transportation spend globally across all modes – air, ocean, surface. In addition, you will be responsible for defining and deploying transportation KPI’s which are directly tied to business performance!
A day in the life of a Sr. Director, Global Transportation Management:
- Oversee both inbound transportation of product from global network of manufacturing partners to our distribution networks as well as outbound transportation to our customers (retail and eComm)
- Deliver freight costs (as measured by % of NS) targets across all regions while maximizing customer service levels with the expectation to raise Hasbro’s freight costs to benchmark level
- Support regional heads of fulfillment with provider selection, management, SLA etc on day to day basis. Will serve as strong partner to regional heads in leading and executing best in class transportation startegy
- Work across times zones on daily basis to run the import transportation including inbound origin drayage and linehaul, ocean freight, destination drayage as well as domestic delivery transportation across all channels include D2C
- Work closely with sales planning team as well as customer-logistics lead in ensuring on-time performance and compliance deductions are trending favorable year over year
- Strong negotiation skills to build and bring to bear Hasbro’s scale and size in generating contractual savings across total transportation spend
- Lead carrier management processes such as provider selection, performance management, contract negotiation etc.
- Optimize transportation spend for inbound logistics for domestic channel which will include origin drayage, ocean/air transport as well as destination drayage. For outbound surface transport; the initial focus will be on two regions - North America (US & Canada; excluding Mexico) as well as Europe (UK, France, Germany and Spain)
- Work with TMS provider/managed-services in maximizing service performance while minimizing any unbudgeted and incremental transportation spend through strategic management of shipments in close collaboration with sales planning, order management, vendor project management functions
What you’ll bring:
- 10+ years of proven experience within global transportation function managing across all modes of transportation as well experience procuring/negotiating transportation contracts across all modes of transportation – surface, ocean and air
- Strong expertise in leading end to end transportation experience in a highly dispersed and global supply chain
- Solid understand of KPI’s and CBPI within transportation function such as OTD, OTP etc.
- Experience managing total transportation spend of over $100M in large global and geographically dispersed supply chain
- Global experience strongly preferred; prior experience with a large TMS provider strongly preferred
- Prior experience rolling out enterprise wide TMS across a global organization
- Must have expert level understanding of transportation function gained through positions of increasing responsibility within a large global organization.
- Prior experience in warehousing operation preferred.
- Prior experience working in a publicly traded company is strongly preferred.
Hasbro’s world-class brands and talented people are our greatest assets. One of the ways we invest in you is through a competitive and contemporary benefits package. Your particular benefits package will depend on your position, location, local legal requirements and years with the company. Here’s a look at what your benefits package may include: Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance, Half-day Fridays year round, Paid Vacation Time & Holidays, Generous 401(k) match, Paid Parental Leave, Team Hasbro Volunteer Program, Employee Giving & Matching Gifts Programs, Tuition Reimbursement, Toy Discounts and more!
Hasbro is committed to equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment. We are committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, or any other legally protected status.