MachinistCarlisle Construction Materials (CCM)
Providence, RI 02903
Sign on bonus: $1,500**
Summary- Assigned to the Machine Shop and Die room will answer to operations supervisor. This position produces components used on our production equipment, specialty application equipment and maintains tooling for progressive dies. Will be trained to assist in the die room when the need arises to sharpen progressive tooling for production equipment
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Fabricates and machines metallic and nonmetallic parts, and fits and assembles machined parts into completes units, applying knowledge of machine shop theory and procedures, shop mathematics, machinability of materials and layout techniques, operating conventional, special purpose, and numerical control machines as well as CNC machining centers
- Checks drawing, manuals, specifications or sample part to determine dimensions and tolerances of finished work piece, sequence of operations and setup requirements.
- Adjusts program, speeds and feeds required to maintain correct machining process
- Performs first piece inspection to guarantee part quality
- Work in die room, sharpen die components to specifications
- Record inspection documentation for ISO requirements
- Occasional need to use forklift to move material or equipment
- Maintain safe work practices and housekeeping programs
- Complete special assignments and other duties as assigned
- Candidate should have 3 to 5 years of experience as a machinist, any progressive die experience will be given serious consideration
- Selects, aligns and secures holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories, and materials on machines, such as mills, lathes, grinders, CNC machines
- Calculates and sets controls to regulate machining factors, such as speed and feeds, coolant flow, and depth of cut, or enters commands to retrieve, input, or edit computerized machine control media.
- Starts and observes machine operations to detect malfunctions or out of tolerance machining and adjusts machine controls or control media as required.
- Verifies conformance of finished work piece to specifications, using precision measuring instruments
- Possess ability to setup and operate machine on trial run to verify accuracy of machine settings or programmed data.
- May install machined replacement part in mechanisms, machines and equipment and test operation of unit to ensure functionality and performance.
- May operate welding equipment
- May confer with engineers, production personnel, programmers or others to resolve machining or assembly problems
- Ability to interpret engineered drawings
- Basic math skills
- Ability to read and communicate with others
- Ability to use basic hand and power tool
- Requires standing for long periods, bending and reaching
- Able to lift 50 lbs
- Organized and maintain a clean and organized area.
- Individual should possess his own machinist tools
- Manual and CNC experience
- Progressive die maintenance experience a plus
- CNC programming experience
Job Type: Full-time
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: One location